Great Solutions: Superior Wi-Fi for Assisted-Living Healthcare Facilities throughout California
May 24, 2012 Leave a comment
With 18 facilities and 1,900 beds throughout California, Generations Healthcare is one of the largest providers of assisted-living services in the United States.
Its CloudCommand-powered network provides outstanding Wi-Fi to more than 1,300 wireless devices used by hundreds of staff and visitors connecting 24×7.
“CloudCommand enables us to remotely manage a single Wi-Fi network that operates in 18 locations from San Diego to north of San Francisco,” said IT Administrator Pat Cosby. “We monitor activity in real time and troubleshoot problems from our desks. Most of our facilities have no on-site IT support, making this kind of management critical. CloudCommand provides a tremendous service at an unbeatable price.”
Generations Healthcare provides a protected primary network for staff. Visitors and patients access the Internet via a separate guest network. Network administrators track devices individually and can make network-wide modifications with the click of a mouse button. Alternately, they can adjust settings at individual sites and even add/remove individual users.
Generations Healthcare leverages the CloudCommand-powered platform through D-Link’s popular DAP-2555 AirPremier wireless acces point.
Solution at a Glance
- 70 access points provide robust connectivity to staff and visitors.
- 18 facilities successfully use a single network that spans nearly 500 miles.
- More than 1,300 connecting destaff and visitors connect to the primary and hotspot networks.
- The administrator efficiently manages the entire network from anywhere by logging into the browser-based CloudCommand dashboard.
- Business-grade features enable the administrator to track connecting devices, monitor network traffic and edit or update access points on an individual basis.
- The network delivers real-time SMS alerts notify the administrator to issues occurring anywhere on the network.